- Nuclear Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
eMatchPhysicians.com is the most comprehensive online resource for physician jobs. Our sophisticated search and matching technology provides you with the most relevant physician employment opportunities. eMatchPhysicians.com has partnered with the leading hiring organizations and physician recruiters so you can be confident that your radiology job search will result in reliable and quality radiology physician job opportunities and a wide range of sub-specialties, all across the United States and Canada.
As a physician, you can search for radiology job openings in one or more states at a time. You can also identify any applicable area of special interest, such as diagnostic noninvasive radiology jobs, diagnostic invasive radiology jobs, interventional radiology jobs, nuclear medicine radiology jobs, and radiation oncology jobs.
A number of factors, including a shortage of radiologists, increased procedure volume and shrinking reimbursements have created one of the specialty’s most challenging eras.
According to the AMGA, radiologists make an average of $420,858 a year.
A trend towards subspecialty training poses a supply and demand challenge with rural hospitals and facilities. Recent surveys indicate that 70 percent of radiologists are generalists while the remaining 30 percent are sub-specialists. This trend is tough on smaller hospitals and those in rural settings where general diagnostic radiologists are typically required – not sub-specialists.
Better Technology, More Demand – Radiology is a technology-driven field. New technologies (such as the development of ultrasound – CT, magnetic resonance scanning and nuclear medicine) coupled with an aging population are responsible for an increased demand for imaging services. According to a study by the Sr. Director of Research at the American College of Radiology, MRI, CT, and interventional radiology services have increased, on average 7.3 percent annually over the past 12 years. The number of new radiologists is increasing by only 2 percent per year, according to Dr. Charles Williams, chair of the American College of Radiology’s Commission on Human Resources. Utilization data concludes that persons 65 years and older utilize imaging services three times more often than younger population. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, by the year 2020, the national population is projected to be 325 million – a 16 percent increase. The percentage of the population projected to be 65 and older in the year 2020 is expected to be 53 million, a 50 percent increase – the huge leap in this age bracket is attributed to the aging baby boomer generation. And, the baby boomer generation is more preventive-medicine oriented than the generation before them. That trend will certainly continue.
With all of the challenges and changes in radiology, one thing that remains constant – radiology remains at the center of medical practice. In order for a patient to receive adequate medical care, the input of the radiologist, both in diagnosis and treatment is necessary. With current estimates for the shortage to continue for at least ten more years, facilities need to plan ahead and keep their staffing at 100 percent.
Positions in the specialty discipline of radiology are readily available across the United States and around the world. The problem for most physicians is finding the time to explore the options available. Making cold calls to acquaintances or co-workers and sifting through the various ads in journals and on the internet can be very time-consuming. Alternatively, if you are relocating, you may not have any familiarity with hospitals and medical groups or community offerings in a new area. In this case, time and distance can be a problem if you’re using the conventional approaches to finding a job.
At eMatchPhysicians.com, we offer a simple option—you can view Radiology Job Matches and explore our database of radiology job opportunities. Your privacy will always be protected, and you have the opportunity to make your profile as visible or as private as you’d like it to be. You can submit a request for further information based on jobs that interest you set up phone appointments and interviews, and more.
Now matching for Radiology Jobs in these states:
Alabama – Alaska – Arizona – Arkansas – California – Colorado – Connecticut – District of Columbia (Washington D.C.) – Delaware – Florida – Georgia – Hawaii – Idaho – Illinois – Indiana – Iowa – Kansas – Kentucky – Louisiana – Maine – Maryland – Massachusetts – Michigan – Minnesota – Mississippi – Missouri – Montana – Nebraska – Nevada – New Hampshire – New Jersey – New Mexico – New York – North Carolina – North Dakota – Ohio – Oklahoma – Oregon – Pennsylvania – Rhode Island – South Carolina – South Dakota – Tennessee – Texas – Utah – Vermont – Virginia – Washington – West Virginia – Wisconsin – Wyoming
© 2007-2013 MedMatcher, Inc. DBA eMatchPhysicians. All Rights Reserved.